I love a crisp… not going to deny it! So when I tried out making a healthy option and they tasted amazing, I was pretty darn happy…*crunch*
Obviously I want to spread the scoff-tastic joy!
So without further ado, here is the recipe and method!
What will you need:
1 Bunch of Kale – the best stuff is from the market in bunches, but if all else fails, then bagged is fine
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Pinch of rock salt
How do you make them: (preheat the oven to approx.120 degrees)
1. Pull the leaves off the large stalk (if bagged you won’t need to do this part)
2. Rinse the kale
3. Pat dry
4. Spread the kale out in a single layer on the baking tray (they cook more evenly like this)
5. Sprinkle Olive Oil over the Kale (you don’t want to drown them in oil)
6. Rub oil evenly into leaves to ensure crispy-ness
7. Pop in the oven for around 15-20 mins – It’s best to keep an eye on them and turn the tray if the leaves on the edge start to brown…
8. Take out of the oven when all of the leaves are nice and crispy, pop in a bowl and sprinkle some rock salt over for flavor… you can also add spices if you fancy an extra kick!
9. 1,2,3 SCOFF!!!
I will be uploading more recipes every week to make your tummy happy!
Up next will be a fave Autmun/Winter 2014 soup…so on trend…